Senior Structural Engineer \ Project Manager
Senior structural engineering manager with 15 to 18 years of experience. Develop and implement creative structural solutions from concept to completion through a collaboration with the Forefront Structural Engineers (FSE) team and Clients.
Independently apply extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields within the structural engineering of buildings. Use advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices of sciences and disciplines to complete assignments.
Work on both major projects as well as moderate or smaller scope projects with complex features simultaneously. Work independently as well as collaboratively while managing several engineers to complete project tasks. A servant leader who knows how to build maximum investment in the team while also helping in the analysis and design process themselves.
Work with firm principals, associate principals, and FSE team members to cultivate and implement a culture of responsibility and stewardship that extends from professional development to missional purpose.
Senior Project Management:
- Manage 5 to 10 projects simultaneously with general guidance but autonomy. Larger projects will have the responsibility of managing shared team resources, smaller projects will be individually managed.
- Manage personal and team time effectively with a balance between project deadlines and life-work balance.
- Interpret, organize, execute, and coordinate project decisions with a pro-active approach.
- Organize and attend project meetings to lead information gathering and project execution.
- Prepare complete project documents with QA/QC process.
- Assign tasks to and direct engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
- Prepare scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Work to achieve project profitability goals while keeping overall perspective on scope creep and maintain communication internally and externally proactively.
- Participate in bi-weekly Leadership meetings with firm leaders to help plan, organize and advance new and existing initiatives within the company.
- Work with firm leaders to continue developing a servant-leadership culture where people matter most.
- Work with firm leaders to refine and further develop community service opportunities.
- Mentor engineers both directly on projects and indirectly through office-wide interactions. This includes both technical and interpersonal skills.
- Work with FSE team members to improve technical knowledge base and design efficiency.
- Keep informed of new developments and requirements affecting the firm for the purpose of recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Interact with architects, developers and contractors in a way that further develops the culture and goals of FSE.
- Assist with proposals to provide professional services or obtain fee structure for projects and developing new opportunities.
- Assist in developing FSE marketing materials where applicable and related to work that is being performed or perspective opportunities.
Represent the firm and maintain relationships with individuals and professional organizations.
- Highly knowledgeable in ETABS, SAFE (or ADAPT), SAP, RAM, Enercalc
- Experience with post-tension concrete design strategies and structural steel required.
- Additional experience with masonry, and mass timber design desired.
- Experience with structural design of new construction mid to high-rise experience required.
- Experience with adaptive re-use of archaic building systems a plus.
- Experience with strengthening solutions a plus.
Salary: To be discussed
Health Care: FSE will pay 100% of the monthly premium cost on behalf of its employees and the majority of the spouse/family.
PTO: FSE recognizes total years of experience (regardless of location prior employment location)
FSE offers a 401k retirement plan to fulltime employees. The 401k plan allows you to set aside a portion of your pay, pre-tax, into a retirement account. FSE will match contributions on the first 4% of your wages. Employees are eligible for enrollment after 2 months employment. Vesting is 100%.
Financial BONUS: FSE reviews each team member at the end of the calendar year. Pending firm profitability, each employee is provided with a financial bonus which considers: project responsibility, project profitability, project time, and other non-financial considerations of the work completed.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org