Project Engineer with 2 to 7 years of experience. We will work with the right candidate to customize the position as needed, but we need someone who has some building design experience (post-tensioned design experience is a plus!)
Develop and implement creative structural solutions from concept to completion through a collaboration with the Forefront Structural Engineers (FSE) team and Clients while working under the direct supervision of a senior structural engineer and/or manager.
Work on both major projects as well as moderate or smaller scope projects. Work independently as well as collaboratively with other team members under the direction of a senior structural engineer/manager.
Perform structural analysis and design tasks with structural steel and concrete. Illustrate a desire to grow professionally and grow quickly with analysis and design techniques necessary for both new construction and adaptive re-use projects alike.
- Manage +/- 5 projects simultaneously with general guidance but autonomy. Larger projects will have the responsibility of managing shared team resources, smaller projects will be individually managed.
- Manage personal and team time effectively with a balance between project deadlines and life-work balance.
- Interpret, organize, execute, and coordinate project decisions with a pro-active approach.
- Organize and attend project meetings to lead information gathering and project execution.
- Prepare complete project documents with QA/QC process.
- Assign tasks to and direct engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
- Prepare scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Work to achieve project profitability goals while keeping overall perspective on scope creep and maintain communication internally and externally proactively.
- Knowledgeable in ETABS, SAFE (or ADAPT), SAP, RAM, Enercalc
- Experience with concrete and structural steel design required.
- Experience with structural design of new construction mid to high-rise experience desired.
- Experience with adaptive re-use of archaic building systems a plus.
- Experience with strengthening solutions a plus.
Salary: To be discussed
Health Care: FSE will pay 100% of the monthly premium cost on behalf of its employees and the majority of the spouse/family.
PTO: FSE recognizes total years of experience (regardless of location prior employment location)
FSE offers a 401k retirement plan to fulltime employees. The 401k plan allows you to set aside a portion of your pay, pre-tax, into a retirement account. FSE will match contributions on the first 4% of your wages. Employees are eligible for enrollment after 2 months employment. Vesting is 100%.
Financial BONUS: FSE reviews each team member at the end of the calendar year. Pending firm profitability, each employee is provided with a financial bonus which considers: project responsibility, project profitability, project time, and other non-financial considerations of the work completed.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org